Volunteering at Meadow Brook Medical Care Facility is a rewarding experience. Through the assistance of volunteers, we are able to effectively continue the high level of quality care and outstanding service for the community. Currently there are volunteer opportunities open in the following areas:
Do you have a talent or know someone who does? Can you sing, play an instrument or dance? Please think about sharing it with our residents. If you have a collection or enjoy making something our residents would like, we would love to have you share. Meadow Brook needs you!
- Talent – Share your dramatic, musical (both vocal and instrumental) expertise, dance and magic to brighten the lives of our seniors.
- Friendly Visitor – If you would enjoy visiting with a resident to read together, play cards, checkers, or just chat on a regular basis.
- Transitional Companion – Do you have a special gift for offering comfort to residents and their family members as part of our end of life program? We need individuals willing to sit with residents who are at the end of life stage.
- Shopping Cart – Volunteers are needed to take our candy cart around on Tuesday afternoons. The time is from 1:15 – 3 p.m.
- Ice Cream Cart – To provide ice cream cones as a treat for residents on Thursday afternoons from 1:30 – 2:45p.m. one time per month.
- Program Assistant – Assist Activities Staff during a program. Individuals needed to assist residents during Chapel, Bowling, Cards & Games and Craft programs.
- Computer Assistant – Share your expertise on the computer by assisting one of our residents to surf the net, write emails, word processing, and play games. Both youth (ages 12 and older) and adults are welcome.
- Craft Instructor – Share your favorite craft by demonstrating it to our residents. We provide necessary materials.
- Bingo Assistant – Assist residents to play Bingo and WIN!
- Office Organizer – If you like to organize files, papers, write letters, etc. you are desperately needed to assist in reorganizing our files.
If you are interested in becoming a Meadow Brook Volunteer,
click here for a printable volunteer application
or you may pick up an application at the Meadow Brook front desk.
For more information contact:
Therapeutic Recreation Department
231-533-8661 ext. 103
* All Meadow Brook Volunteers will be subject to a background check and TB education.