Please keep in mind that regardless of your vaccination status, ALL visitors must follow our Visitation Policy.
This is a directive given by the CDC and CMS which absolutely must be followed, so please be respectful of staff.
For purposes of security our automatic front door entry is locked from 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. daily. We ask that you call in advance if you plan on visiting after hours so that staff may assist you into the building.
Meadow Brook Medical Care Facility
COVID 19 VISITATION PROTOCOL – (IN-HOUSE ONLY)
JULY 24, 2020 – Revised: AUGUST 3, 2020 – Revised: SEPTEMBER 13, 2020
Revised: MARCH 12, 2021 – Revised: MARCH 15, 2021 – Revised: APRIL 7, 2021
Revised: JUNE 15, 2021 – Revised: AUGUST 17, 2021 – Revised: OCTOBER 13, 2021
REVISED NOVEMBER 28, 2021
All visitors must adhere to core principles of COVID-19 infection control standards during their in-house visits upon entrance and exit of the facility.
- Visitors who have a positive viral test for COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meet the criteria for quarantine, must not enter the facility.
- The front entrance automatic doors will be locked for security purposes from the hours of 9pm – 8 am. After Hour visits should call ahead to 231-533-8661 ext. 0 for the operator.
- Upon entrance visitors Must stop at a screening station for temperature and COVID-19 symptom check.
- Each visitor will obtain their temperature and fill out their screening form at one of the screening stations prior to entering the resident care area.
- All visitors must at a minimum wear a face mask at all times during their visit. Face masks are provided at the screening stations.
- All visitors must Practice Hand Hygiene with the AHBS provided at the screening station.
- Sign in at the log provided, please provide all information on the sign in form. (We need this per public health requirements.)
- After visitor has completed the above, ring the doorbell to the household you wish to visit. A staff member will greet you and review your screening form to make sure it is filled out completely and meets criteria.
- If a visitor as a temp over 100.0 F or does not pass COVID-19 symptom check they will not be allowed to enter the resident care areas.
- We will offer Point of Care test upon visitor request.
- Outdoor visitors are only allowed in the courtyards as weather permits.
- Education will be provided for visitors at the screening station.
- VISITATION RULES:
- Visitors must adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection control standards at all times.
- Visitors must wear masks appropriately and required PPE during visiting.
- Resident is to wear a mask if they are able.
- Practice hand hygiene upon entering / exiting the facility and upon entering / exiting the resident room.
- No eating, drinking or meal sharing during visitation.
- Visitors may not leave the resident room during visit.
- If they would like to use the Courtyard, visitors must use the call light and ask for staff assistance. (See Courtyard Rules)
- Use the call light for use of public restroom. (Not for Outdoor visitors)
iii. No loitering in common areas within the household.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more must be maintained during visits at all times.
- Outdoor Visits: See Courtyard/Designated Outdoor Protocol.
- Visitors will not be verbally or physically abusive to staff and are expected to be polite, considerate and respectful of staff and other residents during visitation time, or you will be asked to leave.
- Violation of facility policy and visitation rules may result in suspension of visits, per Administrator’s direction. The Administrator will consider each circumstance on a case by case basis. Frequency, severity and scope of rules or violation will be considered prior to Administrator’s decision to suspend visitation.
- The core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention will be adhered to and as follows:
- Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions or observations about signs or symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms.
- Hand hygiene will be conducted with the preferred use of alcohol-based hand rub.
- A face covering or mask, covering the mouth and nose, will be worn at all times.
- Social distancing at least six feet between persons will be observed.
- Instructional signage throughout the facility and proper visitor education on COVID-19 signs and symptoms, infection control precautions, and other applicable facility practices will be conducted.
- Routine cleaning and disinfection of highly touched surfaces in the facility and in designated visitation areas after visits will be performed.
- Staff will adhere to the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The facility will utilize effective strategies of Cohorting residents (e.g., separate areas dedicated to COVID-19 care) as possible.
- The facility will conduct resident and staff testing as per current CMS and State guidance, whichever is more stringent.
- Physical barriers (e.g., clear Plexiglass dividers, curtains) will be used to ensure privacy and reduced risk of transmission during in-person visits.
- Visitors who are unable to adhere to these principles of COVID-19 infection prevention will not be permitted to visit or will be asked to leave.
MR 7.21.20; 8.03.20; 9.13.20; 3.12.21; 3.15.21; 4.07.21; 6.15.21; 8.17.21; 10.13.21;11.28.21
05/05/20 – Revised 09/13/2020 – Revised 03/12/2021 – Revised 03/15/2021
Revised 04/07/2021 – Revised 06/15/2021 – Revised 08/17/2021 – Revised 10/13/2021 – Revised 11/28/21
Our courtyards are the designated outdoor visiting spaces for family and friends to visit with residents. Outdoor visits will be available as weather allows. Courtyards and outdoor visits will not be available during Winter and Cold weather seasons. All rules must be followed consistent with CMS / State Guidelines. Core principles of COVID-19 Infection Control practices must be followed when courtyards are in use.
- All visitors and residents must wear a mask and follow social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- During visits, staff must be able to visually observe visits to make sure visitors are complying with mask wearing and adhering to social distancing of 6 feet or more. (All staff must be alert and any staff member must intervene if they see visitors are not adhering to the Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Control practices.)
- No eating, drinking or meal sharing during visitation.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of table and chairs will be conducted routinely after each visit.
- We will not have ABHS on tables due to resident safety.
- All visitors must bring their resident back into the household when visit is concluded.
09132020; 03122021; 03152021; 04072021; 06152021; 08172021; 10132021; 11282021
CMS Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Memorandum QSO-20-39-NH; Nursing Home Visitation – COVID-19, Revised November 12, 2021